Dear RIC Community,
Due to health + safety precautions, we have made the difficult decision to close Roxbury Innovation Center until March 31. At that time, we will reassess the current situation and update accordingly.
We encourage our community to use this time to connect virtually and keep the conversation active. Please check back to our website to see what programs we have temporarily moved online.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time and we look forward to connecting online.
The Roxbury Innovation Center Team
Friday, 3/13: Subject: Roxbury Innovation Center Update on Public Workspace, Hours and More Regarding COVID-19
Dear RIC Community,
We want to provide you a direct update as we proceed during the current challenges presented by the COVID-19 virus.
We have and will continue to take precautions to operate a safe, clean public workspace as we monitor the COVID-19 virus. Currently, our workspace remains open to our community members. Future workshops and programs remain as planned unless you receive a notice from us directly to cancel.
At this time, we have no reports of COVID-19 related to our space. If you have visited our space and have been diagnosed with COVID-19, please inform the proper authorities and they can take the appropriate steps to inform our organization.
Changes While We Monitor COVID-19
Monday – Friday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Coffee + Tea
Our onsite coffee + tea station remains open, in light of the news, please bring your own mug/cup so we limit shared use of cups.
If you are symptomatic of an illness, from the common cold to the flu, please refrain from coming to the workspace. If you appear overtly ill, you may be asked to come back at a later time. This is all in the spirit of keeping everyone as healthy as we can.
We will be encouraging social distancing and recommending that all guests in the space sit one meter (3 feet) apart.
RIC Cleanliness Actions
Our goal is to help the entire RIC community stay safe and healthy.
- RIC will continue to be professionally cleaned each day.
- We perform additional cleanings of common-area surfaces and high-traffic areas throughout the day.
- We have installed additional hand sanitizer dispensers in our meeting spaces.
Help Us Help You
Here are the things you can do to slow the spread of this disease:
- If you have visited our space and have been diagnosed with COVID-19, please inform the proper authorities and they can take the appropriate steps to inform our organization.
- Take your temperature before coming to our space.
- Stay home and self-quarantine for 14 days if you have symptoms / exposure risk. The symptoms to watch for are fever of 99.14+, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Go home if you develop COVID-19 symptoms during the day.
- Wash your hands frequently + don’t touch your face.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately.
- Replace meetings and visits with video.
- Spread out in our workspace to maintain social distancing.
- Avoid shaking hands.
Please know that these decisions have been made with measured and careful thought, as we look for ways to reduce as much risk as possible while still maintaining the integrity of our space.
We continue to monitor the situation with the City of Boston and the State of Massachusetts and will update accordingly.
We encourage you to become familiar with the World Health Organization’s suggested safety precautions.
Thank you for your patience, compassion, and understanding during these concerning times.