Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Here’s what we currently have available.
Innovation Center Ops Coordinator: District Hall + Roxbury Innovation Center
Venture Cafe Foundation Innovation Center Operations Coordinator for our District Hall + The Roxbury Innovation Center Spaces
Are you motivated, a hard worker who is passionate about systems, analytics and process building? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you!
District Hall and the Roxbury Innovation Center are looking for an Operations Coordinator reporting to the Director of District Hall & Roxbury Innovation Center.
We are a dynamic non-profit startup working at the intersection of entrepreneurship and innovation, and we are seeking an Operations Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of District Hall & Roxbury Innovation Center, you’ll help to manage the daily operations and the data analytics of two highly visible and active gathering places specifically designed for the innovation community.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Data Analysis & Decision Support
- Critical reporting & analysis of event space data based on historical events from Tripleseat Event Booking system into Google Sheets
- Further develop existing support dashboards and reports. Drive deep data profiling and analysis for insights.
- Reporting & analysis of programming data and insights for impact measurement and funding support
- Management analysis/audit of event setup/breakdown costs to support cost effective event management
- Ad-hoc Analytics
- Oversee facilities management, including: work orders, operations pipeline and projects, vendor communication, and restaurant partner communication, alarm system, video monitoring system, building ops vendor invoicing, capital improvements coordination
- Manage facilities operations and systems such as: Emon Dmon electrical reporting, SALTO security key card access, HVAC maintenance coordination, WiFi Splash Page, Black Dove art wall, OBM Sign, PT Event Staff system mgmt.,
- Coordinate and run monthly operations meetings with District Hall stakeholders
- Team admin support as needed including ensuring the office and building is fully stocked, maintaining printer and supplies, and markers for clients
- Work with Events Sales Manager/Coordinator to ensure event processes and systems are efficient and implement improvements
- Document processes and improve consistency and uniformity in how our team uses our sales and operations process tools
- Oversee employee and event space technology and systems
- Support Director with Team Onboarding/Offboarding – Updating documentation and logistics
- Support Director with Part-Time Event Staff Hiring Logistics/Coordination
- Various office management and admin duties
- Manage phone calls, general inquiries, Streak and Zapier processes
- Website maintenance as required using WordPress
- Additional Responsibilities
- Participate in Monthly Innovation Hall Calls with broader Venture Café Global Teams
- Occasional staffing of our programs and events – set up/breakdown, etc.
- Appreciation and understanding of urban challenges (i.e. income inequality and unequal access to opportunity) and embrace them as opportunities for change using innovation focused economic development. Therefore, this role will spend time both at the Roxbury Innovation Center and District Hall Boston.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The best candidate will likely have the following qualifications:
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- 4 Year college degree & 1-3 years of experience (Great role for recent college graduates)
- Detail-oriented and organized with solid time management skills
- Microsoft & Google Office Suite with Intermediate to Advanced applied experience in Excel/Google Sheets – Minimum level would be ability to execute: VLookup, Pivot Tables/Charts with Nested logic/IF Formulas, basic knowledge of array formulas a plus
- Ability to quickly translate ambiguous business requirements into analytical insights
- Confidence in understanding the nuances of written and verbal communication
- Project Management skills
- Excellent written communication skills and keen editorial eye
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team is critical
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to collaborate with internal and external teams, program participants, community, and staff
- Sound critical thinking, work ethics and passion to go beyond what is expected ongoing.
- And the single most important thing: being excited about becoming a critical part of the success of a unique, fast-paced and diverse cross-functional team.
ABOUT DISTRICT HALL AND THE ROXBURY INNOVATION CENTER:
District Hall & The Roxbury Innovation Center are spaces of the Venture Cafe Foundation. The Venture Cafe Foundation broadens, connects, and supports an inclusive innovation community through a public network of spaces and programs to help anyone with an idea have the opportunity to succeed.